Core workouts are still the best category of exercises ever practiced. Core workout routine encompasses a whole lot
of great benefits that are useful for a lot of people out there. You should know that core workouts are not only
meant for athletes, but they are also exercises we should all get down with because most of the time, these core
workouts act like life hacks. You may not notice but trust me; you have an edge over your neighbor, friend, co-
worker, and anybody else if you are practicing core workout. I have some easy core workouts for you, that is why you
are reading this.
Enough of the epistle, let’s get down to the major business here which is easy core workouts routine for men. This
article lays emphasis only on core workouts for men but if you happen to be a lady and you are reading right now,
there are other related articles which are for women on this blog. Just surf the topic section.
Core workouts for men
- Hollow Body Hold
- Hanging Knee Raise
- Glute Bridge
- Abs Rollout
- Loaded Carries
- Slow-Motion Mountain Climbers
- Bear Crawl
- High Tension Plank
- Reverse Crunch
1. Hollow Body Hold:
Hollow Body is a really great workout for carving your shapes and for strength.
- Lie on your back facing up with your arms and leg extended.
- Brace your core and try to pull your belly button up to your chin.
- Lift your arms and legs off the floor. Then, pull your toes towards your shins and kneecaps toward your hip.
- Hold this move for 10 to 20 seconds.
Benefits of Hollow Body Hold
- Hollow body hold is a great workout for carving your physique.
- It’s also good for forging good back strength.
2. Hanging Knee Raise
Trust me, this workout will give you a strong core.
- Hang from a bar using an overhand grip.
- Squeeze a pad or rolled towel in between your knees hard.
- Start curling your knees up slowly.
- Lower your legs slowly, using your core to control your downward movement.
Benefits of Hanging Knee Raise
- This workout makes you control your legs and that is good for your coordination and balance.
- It builds your core so well.
3. Glute Bridge:
During this workout, your glutes and core work co-dependently. It impacts your lower back and hamstrings too.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Brace your core and push your knees forward.
- Drive your hips up and hold for 2 seconds
- Squeeze your abs and glutes evenly.
Benefits of Glute Bridge
- This easy core workout evenly builds your core muscles.
- It is also beneficial in daily warm-ups.
- As mentioned earlier, this core workout builds your glutes and core co-dependently.
4. Abs Rollout:
Abs rollout is a nice workout for your core. You need a single barbell for this workout.
- Get down on your hands and on your knees.
- Hold the barbell by the slider in between it.
- Push your chest away from the ground until your upper back is slightly rounded.
- Lower yourself by rolling the barbell forward. Keep your shoulders away from your ears and your elbows bent.
- Maintain the tension of the workout on your abs as you go down.
- Pull back the barbell slowly to your body.
Benefits of Abs Rollout
- This easy core workout will increase the quality of your pull up.
- It also develops your strength and stamina gradually.
- It helps in making your hips flexible.
- This core workout is very good for your cardiovascular health.
You can also read LIST OF STRENGTH TRAINING EXERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS AT HOME
5. Loaded Carries:
This is actually my favorite of all the core workout routine because of loads of benefits it carries along with it when
you practice it.
- To begin, you need a pair of dumbbells or a pair of kettlebells. Also, set a target that is about 50 meters far from you.
- After that, lift each kettlebell on both arms; make sure it doesn’t exceed your knee.
- Next, hinge at the hips and bend slightly at the knees.
- Once in this position, begin to walk slowly towards your target.
- Avoid rushing, shrugging or leaning forward during this walk to your target.
Benefits of Loaded Carries
- This easy core workout is very great and known for improving posture.
- It builds you a strong core and straight spine
- It keeps you fit and healthier than usual.
- Gets you ready for daily tasks.
- Lastly, this core workout is good for your mental health.
6. Slow Motion Mountain Climbers:
Of all the core workout routine, this is the one I see as the most tasking but I will still regard it as an easy core
workout for men.
- To begin, get a sliding disc or improvise with anything your legs can slide on.
- Brace your core; squeeze your glutes hard to lock your lower back and hips.
- Initiate tension through your legs by pulling your belly towards your chin.
- Slowly pull your left knee towards your chest without letting your hips or torso drop.
- Exhale and slowly return your left leg back to its initial position.
- Do the same for your right leg using the same interval and pace.
- Do 20 reps of this easy core workout.
Benefits of Slow-Motion Mountain Climbers
- This sweet core workout helps to boost your runs, jumps, and lifts.
- It challenges your core and builds it.
- Helps your body metabolism.
- This easy core workout for men is also good for your cardiovascular health reducing the risk of having certain chronic illnesses like heart diseases, lung diseases, cancer, and so on.
You can also read
7. Bear Crawls:
It is called a bear crawl because you are required to crawl like a bear. Ignore the form of the workout, what you
should consider is the effectiveness of this core workout routine
- Get on all your fours with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Make sure your knees are about 2 feet off the floor. Don’t stick your butt out too much.
- Stay low and keep your chest pushed away from the ground.
- Raise your head up slightly and start moving forward with opposite arms and legs.
- Crawl for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
Benefits of Bear Crawl
- Although, bear crawls seem a bit embarrassing. It is a workout that gives you a lot of core strength.
- Apart from core strength, it improves your balance and coordination in other aspects of life.
- It keeps your rigid and protects you from certain injuries.
Deadbug plays a big role in building your core muscles and the mobility of your limbs. It is an effective core workout
- Lie on your back with your knees and hips bent at 90 degrees.
- Raise your arms toward the sky.
- Pull your lower back into the floor to eliminate the gaps between them.
- Begin the workout by extending your right leg out, as you do that, exhale and return the leg back to its position.
- Do for the left leg also.
- Do 20 reps of this sweet core workout.
Benefits of Deadbug
- As earlier mention, deadbug is a great exercise for mobility.
- It also helps you build your core strength.
9. High Tension Plank:
High tension plank is a common core exercise, but most people don’t get it right.
- Get on all your fours. Turn your palms upwards to the sky.
- Make sure you are straight from your head to your toe.
- Squeeze your quads and your glutes.
- Brace your core in such a way that you are expecting a kick to the stomach.
- Once you feel you have tightened everything, hold the pose for about 50 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
Benefits of High Tension Plank
- High tension plank is an easy core workout that keeps your core muscles on fire especially your abs.
- It makes you more fit when it comes to the physical form.
- It gives you an edge over your colleagues with similar duty.
10. Reverse Crunch:
Crunches are like the first workouts that come to mind when you hear core workout routine. Why? Because they are
- Lie on your back and ensure you are stable.
- Outstretch your arms, bend your knees and plant your feet.
- Press your lower back into the floor.
- Breathe out and pull your knees towards your chest.
- Do 15 reps of this easy core workout.
Benefits of Reverse Crunch
- Crunch builds you a better posture.
- They are good stamina testing workouts.
- It also prevents back pains and injury.
On this note, I end the easy core workout for men here. Enjoy and practice them regularly to build your core strength
and have the best stature you can.