Strength and weight loss are two different gains we can get from exercises; but, we can get them both from certain
exercises that require little or much effort. Obesity or too much weight at most times makes an individual get very
tired from little work. Walking from your home to the bus stop can be very tiring to individuals that fall under this
situation. We will provide you with essential exercises that will kick you into a strong and sexy person.
LIST OF STRENGTH TRAINING EXERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS AT HOME
- Cross jack
- Lunge to push up
- Rolling sit up
- Wall squats
- Triceps kickbacks
- Overhead press
Before we move ahead to the benefits and instructions of these exercises, it is important to take note of the
following lifestyle tips;
- You will need to push yourself in every strength training exercise you do in order to reach your goal in no time.
- Any strength training exercise you practice, make sure you genuinely enjoy it so you can stick with it
- Exercises should become a part of your daily routine in a meaningful way
- Lastly and most importantly, your food choices are vital when it comes to strength training and weight loss. How you fuel your body is important!
Plank is a very common exercise; most people don’t like to practice it because it makes you very tired in a very short
time. If you do plank for just a minute every day, it will go a long way in reducing your body fat and even add
strength to your body.
- Begin on the floor on your knees and hands
- Lower your arms to the floor with your elbows rightly under your shoulders
- Make sure your arms form a 90-degree angle
- Step your feet back one at a time and maintain a straight pose from your head to your heels
- Tighten your abs and hold for at least 2 minutes
Benefits of Planks
- It strengthens your deep inner core
- It reduces belly fat
- Also, it develops your shoulder muscles and boosts your press up performance.
- It develops the muscles in your butt
- In addition, it decreases the risk of injury in your spinal column
- It improves your posture significantly
2. Cross Jacks:
Cross jacks is a strength training exercise for weight loss and also a cardio move that keeps your heart rate up and
improves you generally.
- Stand with your feet wide apart while your arms are extended at both sides with palms facing down
- Jump and cross your right foot over your left and also, your right foot over your left leg
- Jump and return to your starting position
- Repeat the Jump and cross your left arm over your right arm and your left leg over your right leg. This concludes a rep
- Continue for 20 more reps and make sure you don’t give much space for recovery between jumps.
Benefits of Cross Jack
- It promotes relaxation and improves your muscle endurance
- Also, it boosts your metabolism
- It increases your coordination
- Cross jack assists you in weight loss
- Cross jack builds your bone.
3. Lunge to Push Up:
This is a combination of two strength training exercises that are great and gives you lots of benefits independently.
- Stand with both feet wide apart
- Step your right foot forward, step it backward and do the same for the left leg
- After that, bring yourself to the pushup exercise and do 3 sets to make a set of the exercise
- Do this strength exercise for 10 sets.
Benefits of Lunge to push
- It really helps in weight reduction
- It helps your mental health
- Also, it improves your core strength
- It boosts your metabolism and coordination
- It also helps your cardiovascular health.
4. Rolling Sit Up:
Sit up is common strength training exercise that helps in getting rid of belly fat and helps increase your core
strength. Rolling sits up is a bit different and more advanced when compared to normal sit up.
- Start by lying on the floor while facing the ceiling and arms extended above your head and next to your ears
- Bring your arms forward and slowly curl your upper body, while reaching for your toes.
- Repeat 10 more times
Benefits of rolling sit up
- It’s a good core crusher; meaning, it increases your core strength
- It decreases your belly fat and gives you fine and sexy abdominal muscles
- Also, it goes a long way to correct or improve your stature
- It improves your metabolism
- It improves your mental health
5. Wall Squats
Wall squats are easy to do and it’s also a good exercise to strengthen your upper leg.
- Stand with your head and back against the wall
- Set your feet shoulder-width apart and about 2 feet away from the wall
- Slide your back down the wall until your knee is directly above your ankle, forming a 90-degree angle with the aid of your knee joint
- Contract your abs and hold the position for 2 minutes
- Stand slowly when you are done with the exercise
Benefits of wall squats
- Wall squats tones and strengthens your abs
- It increases your flexibility
- Also, it strengthens your legs
- It tones and shapes your butts
- It works all the muscles in your body
6. Triceps Kickbacks
This strength training exercise for weight loss majorly increases the strength of the muscles present in your arms. It is
done with the use of dumbbells.
- Start with a dumbbell in both hands and your palms facing your torso
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight
- Keep your head up and bend forward at the waist
- Make sure a 90-degree angle is formed between your upper arm and forearm
- Now, lift the dumbbells until your arms are fully extended
- Inhale, and slowly lower the dumbbells to its starting position
- Repeat for 9 more reps and practice daily
Benefits of Triceps Kickbacks
- Its tone and build the muscles in your arms
- It strengthens your physically
- Also, it helps your mental health
- It gives you a better shape
7. Overhead Press
This is a strength training exercise for weight loss that involves the use of barbells.
- Stand with the barbell on your front shoulders, and your arms next to your shoulders
- Press the bar over your head and let it balance on your shoulders
- Shrug your shoulders to the ceiling and lock your elbows at the top
- Hold the barbell for 2 seconds at the top and lower it back to your front shoulders
- Complete 5 sets each involving 5 reps each
Benefits of Overhead Press
- It’s a full body compound exercise
- It’s one of the best exercises to build a strong and healthy shoulders
- It improves your stature
- It also works on your abs, chest, upper back muscle and neck.