Most times, we often place more attention on our upper body. We don’t remember Leg workouts at home or we
don’t care about lower body workout. I am here to remind you and make you care about lower body workouts you
can start practicing at home without the use of any equipment. You should know that focusing on your upper body
alone will create an imbalance in your body stature. Stature defects are not a good vibe at all. Its better you start
building upper body and lower body simultaneously. Don’t worry, lower body workouts are quite easy to perform
and it’s really fun to do.
Leg workouts without equipment
- Straddle beats
- Reverse plank
- Power pushes
- Step up
- Jumping jacks
- Glute ham raise
- Forward-backward lunges
- Fire hydrant
- Supine leg curl
- Jump lunge
The above workouts will be examined, get your body ready to workout.
1. Straddle Beats:
This exercise will make your legs look really amazing. It’s one of the best for beginners.
- Lie on your back and rest on your elbows.
- Raise your feet in the air towards the sky.
- Slowly open your legs and stop if you feel a restraining crack.
- Hold there for 5 seconds and close your legs back.
- Do 2 sets of 5 reps each.
Benefits of straddle beats
- It strengthens your thighs.
- It gives your hips more flexibility.
- Also, It reduces weight in your thighs.
- It reduces the risk of a leg injury.
- It keeps you fit and intact.
2. Reverse Plank
The reverse plank engages the thigh muscles, hip, hamstring. Jiggy with this cool leg workouts at home.
- Sit on the ground without folding your knees.
- Spread your palms wide on the ground.
- Look up to the roof.
- Leave your feet flat on the floor and lift your hip slightly.
- Hold for about 5 minutes.
Benefits of Reverse Planks
- It boosts your hips flexibility.
- Also, It protects you from a back injury.
- It stretches your spine.
3. Power Pushes:
Power push is a great Leg workouts at home that tones and helps tighten your thighs and quads.
- Get a yoga mat and lie on your left side.
- Bend your right knee and keep it in line with your body.
- Straighten your right leg and raise it slightly.
- Keep it raised slightly for 2 seconds and lift it up again till you can’t go further.
- Hold for a second and slowly return your leg to the ground.
- Change sides and legs and repeat the exercise.
- Do 5 reps for each side and leg.
Benefits of Power Pushes
- It strengthens your calves and thighs.
- It opens your hips and enables more flexibility.
- Also, It tightens and tones your leg.
- It helps you have beautiful legs.
Good step-ups will reshape your thighs and butt. It gives a proper posture to the body, and it also gets rid of
stubborn thigh fat and fat legs. It’s a great Leg workouts at home.
- Firstly, you need a little stool or box to execute this exercise.
- Keep your body straight with your arms by your side.
- Stand on the box or stool.
- Step down one of your legs.
- Step the other leg down and replace it with the first one on the box again.
- Increase the tempo of this exercise.
- Do this work out for 5 minutes.
Benefits of Step-Ups
- Step up is good for conditioning.
- It is good losing weight in the lower part of the body.
- Step-ups make you stronger.
Starting the day off with squats Leg workouts at home will keep your thigh muscles strong; squat engages the large
muscles in your thigh allowing you to burn a lot of fat surrounding it. Getting rid of your inner leg fat can be boosted
by adding squats to your daily routine.
- Stand with your legs wide apart slightly
- Inhale such that your belly is pushed towards your spine
- Shift your weight on your feet and bend your hips
- When your hips are bent, your ankles and knees will also bend, keep your hips more bent and engage your abs
- Do up to 20 reps daily.
Benefits of Squats
- Squats tones all the fats in your legs and makes your legs appear sexy.
- It’s an everyday workout for strength and stamina.
6. Jumping Jacks:
Jumping jacks are effective Leg workouts at home when it comes to flexibility and muscle tone. This exercise is easy
and can be done anywhere and anytime.
- Stand with your feet together and your arms by your side.
- Raise your arms above your head and jump simultaneously with your legs spread out.
- Keep jumping for about 10 minutes.
Benefits of Jumping Jacks
- It builds your leg muscles.
- Also, It makes you more flexible.
- It’s also an exercise that can be done anywhere.
7. Glute Ham Raise:
These Leg workouts at home focus on the thigh. If you want to get rid of those embarrassing fat leg, then you have
to start this workout as soon as possible. It is considered one of the best exercises to lose thigh fat in a week.
- Lie on the ground with your knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Extend your hips toward the ceiling.
- Ensure you don’t support yourself with your arms.
- Maintain this pose for about 10 minutes.
- Do 3 reps daily.
Benefits of Glute Ham Raise
- It stretches your spine.
- Also, It strengthens your legs.
- It improves your coordination and balance.
8. Forward-backward lunges: Leg workouts at home
The forward-backward lunge is very effective Leg workouts at home that tones inner thighs. It also improves
flexibility, balance, and stability.
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Take a step forward and bend both knees.
- Keep bending till your back knee is a bit above the ground.
- Stand back up and take a step backward with the same leg.
- Repeat the procedure for about 10 times.
- Keep this up for a week.
Benefits of Forward-Backward Lunges
- It boosts your functionality.
- Also, It improves your balance and core stability.
- It makes you more flexible.
- Forward-backward lunge also tones your gluteal muscles.
9. Fire Hydrant – Leg workouts at home
The main muscles put to work during these wonderful Leg workouts at home are your glutes and your abductors.
Also, you can use this exercise as a warm-up for a very tedious action.
- Assume a tabletop position (meaning get on your knees with your palm flat on the floor.
- Raise your right leg to the side and keep your left knee at 90 degrees.
- Lower it back and do for the left leg to complete a rep.
- Do 10 reps of this leg workout.
Benefits of Fire Hydrant
- This leg workout is wonderful, quite easy and can be done anytime.
- It keeps your core in good balance.
- It decreases the risk of injuries.
10. Supine Leg Curl
This Leg workouts at home hit all the muscles of your legs at once. Imagine how cool that will be for your lower
- Before you begin this workout, ensure you place something slippery under your feet like a towel or socks.
- Lie flat on the floor with your face up the ceiling.
- Pull the towel backward under your body with both legs.
- Do 3 sets with 20 reps each in a day.
Benefits of Supine Leg Curl
- Supine leg curls may seem tough but absolutely very effective.
- This leg workout stylishly builds secondary muscles. Although, it’s a leg workout…trust me, it builds your core and abdominal muscles which mean you are getting double of what you bargained for.
11. Jump Lunge – Leg workouts at home
Jump lunge is considered an advanced Leg workouts at home. It’s not as technical as it is considered but one thing I
will assure you is that if you start practicing this leg workout, you will start getting cool results in no time.
- Begin with a standard lunge which is done by first stepping your right leg forward and bending both knees at 90 degrees.
- That’s the standard lunge, next, after stepping your right feet forward and bending the knees. Jump up in the air and land with your left leg forward and right leg at the back. Also, bend both knees.
- Do 15 reps of this leg workout.
- Note, land like a ninja… quiet and soft.
Benefits of Jump Lunge
- Improve your skills off the floor or on air.
- Good for balancing and coordination.
- A good kick starts to a daily routine.
You have learned enough leg workouts you can practice at home. It will definitely be difficult at first, start at a slow
pace; don’t overdo the workouts so it won’t fit into some other schedules of yours. As you go, increase the number
of reps if you feel it’s not hitting well enough.