There are many instant pot recipes out there that a lot of people enjoy immensely. With many
people raving how awesome it is, no doubt many have made Instant pot recipes Fall-Off-the-Bone
Chicken amongst other recipes with it. While first time or non-users may be skeptical of it, the
reason is certainly justified. It’s a pressure cooker after all and people remember the stories of
things burning, spilling and more. That’s not the case with instant pot recipes as you’ll see with this
recipe of fall-off-the-bone chicken.
So are you ready for some instant pot recipes for fall-off-the-bone chicken? Well here is how you
can make it!
- Chicken, cut up and/or leg, quarters
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Seasoning (to your preference)
- 1 cup of chicken stock
Cooking Gear for Instant pot recipes Fall-Off-the-Bone Chicken
- Instant Pot
Instant Pot Recipes – Fall-off-the-bone Chicken Directions
- Turn on the instant pot to the Sauté setting. Also, add both garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season the chicken while placing the skin side down when placing it in the instant pot. You can probably get away with 3 pieces of chicken at a time so if you’re cooking more, you’ll need to do this multiple times.
- After some time, flip the chicken over with your tongs and let it brown a bit. After they’re done, put the fall-off-the-bone chicken into a bowl. For this instant pot recipes, repeat this process until all of your chicken is browned this way.
- Once all of the chicken is browned, add in 1 cup of water to the pan. From there, set the instant pot back to sauté and wash away the brown on the pan. Toss the brown out and then add the pot back in the instant pot.
- Slip the trivet in the pan that’s in the pot and spray the area with a bit of Pam. This will prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock into the pan and place the chicken from the bowl back into the pan. You want to make sure that the trivet is holding up the chicken above the chicken stock.
- Once done, place the lid back on and ensure that it’s closed. You also want to make sure that the instant pot is not venting either. If it is, it’s letting the pressure out of the pot and it’s not able to properly pressurize.
- To make life easier set your instant pot to manual and let it cook on high pressure for approximately 30 minutes. From there, let it cook.
- Once it’s done, allow the chicken to sit for about 10 minutes. The idea here is when you release the lid, you want it to be a quick release.
- Open up the instant pot and the chicken should be cooked thoroughly. Buy, also it will remain tender and juicy to the point that it falls right off the bone!
I hope you enjoyed this one of the many instant pot recipes! Let us know how your fall-off-the-bone chicken pans out!