Stretch marks occur when there is a rapid change in your skin due to weight gain or growth. Stretch marks can be
very embarrassing at times especially obvious ones and can occur in both men and women. Puberty and pregnancy
are the most common cause of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways on how to get rid of stretch marks fast
naturally in 1 week which will be explained in this blog post.
The first natural remedy you should try for your stretch marks is
A distinguishing function of vitamin A is that it makes your skin more youthful and smoother. Vitamin A is added to
many over the counter creams because it makes your skin look fresher. There are many sources of vitamin A which
- Sweet Potatoes,
If you consume food rich in retinol (vitamin A) properly and consistently, you will acquire your youthful skin back in
no time. Also, when shopping for creams, opt for creams rich in vitamin A to ensure better efficiency.
Sugar scrub is also a good natural remedy for stretch marks. It will exfoliate the affected
area and helps the stretch marks fade.
- 1 cup of sugar with
- ¼ cup of a softening agent like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil.
- Stir well and add lemon juice.
Scrub the mixture on the stretch mark for about 8 to 10 minutes and repeat for 1 week while in
the shower to get rid of the stretch marks fast.
Pure Aloe Vera has been discovered to be a skin softener and a natural healing agent. Aloe Vera can be used as a
stretch mark cure when applied daily on the affected area on your skin. Aloe Vera should be applied after shower for
a week to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Coconut oil has healing properties and that’s why you should employ the usage of coconut oil on your stretch marks.
It will keep your skin moisturized and reduce the appearance of stretch marks gradually. Apply the coconut oil on
your skin where the stretch mark appears at least twice a day for a week to permit optimum result.
Cocoa butter will hydrate your skin and make it smoother. It will penetrate into the inner layers of your skin and
repair worn out or damaged cells. If cocoa butter is applied to the stretch marks twice or thrice in a day, you will see
the great result in a week.
How to prepare cocoa butter for stretch marks
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon of kernel oil
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- One tablespoon of wheat germ oil.
- Mix all the ingredients and heat it until the beeswax melt completely
- After heating, store the mixture in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated
- Apply the mixture on the stretch mark and massage thoroughly for a few minutes until it is absorbed well by your skin
You can apply the mixture 2 or 3 times in a day for a week.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, a conditioning agent that quickens the healing of stretch marks and scars. It can be
used most times to treat skin diseases. With castor oil, the stretch marks on your skin will fade away naturally in
- Heat the castor oil slightly
- Massage it on the affected area on your skin for 20 minutes every day for a week
Olive oil has an anti-inflammatory property; it is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidant. It helps in relieving skin
- Warm the olive oil slightly
- Massage the stretch marks with olive oil thoroughly for 10 minutes
Repeat at least 2 to 3 times in a day for a week.
Glycolic acid increases the collagen in your skin, making it healthier, thereby allowing the stretch marks fade away
easily. All you need to do is apply the liquid on the stretch mark before going to bed. Glycolic acid can be applied to
the skin anytime but avoid exposing to sunlight as it can easily cause sunburns. Glycolic acid can be found in medical
stores around you.
Massage Shea butter on the stretch marks few times in a day for an efficient result. Shea butter moisturizes the skin
and it is a good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory cream. This distinctive property makes it a good remedy to turn
to if you want to get rid of the stretch marks naturally.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E has anti-aging and antioxidant properties which makes it a vital ingredient in body creams. They can be
extracted from vitamin E capsules. Apply it on the stretch marks to get rid of it fast.
- Cut the capsule open to extract the oil
- Apply vitamin E oil on the stretch mark and massage thoroughly for 10 minutes
- Apply 2 or 3 times in a day for a week
Baking soda removes dead skin layer, therefore, making the stretch marks fade away by toning up the skin.
First of all, you need 1 tablespoon of baking soda, juice of 1 lemon and a cling wrap.
- Mix the lemon with the baking soda
- Apply the mixture on the stretch mark and wrap it in cling
- Leave for 30 minutes, after, remove the cling wrap and wash away with warm water
Repeat the procedure every day for 1 week for a fast result.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has a distinction of fading scars and stretch marks fast. It is also for its anti-inflammatory feature.
- 5 or 6 drops of tea tree oil
- 1½ tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil.
- Mix the tea tree oil with coconut oil or olive oil
- Massage the mixture thoroughly on the stretch marks
- Leave it on the skin after the massage to allow absorption
Apply 2 or 3 times in a day for a week for a fast result.
Lemon juice is naturally acidic; it helps reduce acne, stretch marks and other scars on the body.
How to use
- Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice
- apply on the stretch marks twice or thrice a day for 1 week.
- Massage well to ensure absorption in your skin.
- Wash away after massaging for 10 to 15 minutes.
Application of turmeric on your stretch marks is one of the best ways to get rid of it. Turmeric has skin toning
features and will reduce the appearance of scars stretch marks fast.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt or white cream.
- Mix the turmeric powder with the yogurt or white cream to form a paste
- Apply mixture or paste on the stretch mark and leave to dry for 20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
Repeat procedure 2 or 3 times in a day to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Employ egg whites to get rid of stretch marks fast. Egg whites contain protein and amino acid which helps in
repairing damaged skin tissues.
- Whip 2 egg whites until soft peaks form
- Apply the thick layer of the egg whites on the stretch marks and leave to dry
- Wash away with cold
- Apply coconut oil or olive oil to moisturize the skin
Repeat this process once in a day for at least a week.
Potato juice contains valuable minerals and vitamins. Thus, enhancing the growth of your skin cells and retaining
- Cut potato in thick slices
- Rub one of the slices over your stretch marks for 15 minutes
- Let the area dry well and rinse with warm water
Exercising Regularly how to get rid of stretch marks in a week
Exercise will keep your body intact and keep your weight in check. Exercise will put a stop to sudden weight or rapid
growth on your body. Exercises like running, squatting, planks are good exercises you can practice avoiding or get
rid of stretch marks. Good exercise every day ensures a good riddance to bad stretch marks.
Additionally, avoid alcohol when treating your stretch marks, alcohol is known for dehydrating the body. If your body
is dry, the treatment will yield no result and will make the stretch marks more obvious.
In conclusion, drink plenty of water as it minimizes the appearance of stretch marks on your skin. Keeping your body
hydrated coupled with other treatment is the trick to getting rid of stretch marks fast. Also, by eating healthy food,
your skin will be nourished will minerals and vitamins.