The possibility of ridding love handles in a week has baffled many. How can love, the most-sought-out-thing, be rid
in a week? Ironically, it might surprise you to know that ‘love handles’ has nothing to do with the emotions.
“Love handles’ has to do with ‘excess fat at the waistline’. It refers to those areas of the skin that protrudes from the hipline, giving one muffin tops“.
Definitely, there isn’t much to love about love handles. On the contrary, you have to kick against love handles in
other to love your figure.
This article provides special tips that will help trim fat perfectly from your waist, getting your entire body well toned
just in a week at home. So if you follow the guidelines provided in this article, you stand the chance of ridding
stubborn love handles off your waist.
After rigorous research, we were able to come up with exercises that rid muffin tops. Each exercise has its health
benefits that relate to kicking out love handles. Guidelines on how to perform these exercises will be provided in
simplified terms. Durations are set to save time. So you save yourself the stress of going to the gym, the cost of
getting an expert trainer, and the embarrassment muffin tops afford.
How to Get Rid of Love Handles in a Week at Home
Do these routine 4 times in a week
1. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle Crunches targets the upper abs, lower abs, obliques, glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
How to do Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten you’re your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 20 reps.
Benefits of Bicycle Crunches
- This workout targets your core which helps to trim fat perfectly from your waist.
- It works your internal and external obliques from every angle, covering the entire base.
- This move gives stability to the body.
2. Rolling Plank
This love handle workout is an excellent move for the waist, hips, core, etc. It gives the waist a well-defined shape,
giving you that hourglass figure.
How to do Rolling Plank
- Start in a low plank position on forearms. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Then roll on to your right elbow, stocking feet, and hold a side plank for 10 seconds, engaging your obliques.
- Roll back through-center and over to the left elbow, stocking feet, and hold for 10 seconds.
- Continue to alternate, keeping core engaged and not letting your hips drop.
Benefits of Rolling Plank
- It gets rid of love handles from the waist. Also, It does this by building and strengthening the core muscles.
- It improves flexibility. Rolling planks are perfect for improving flexibility, which invariably reduces belly fat.
- Rolling plank workout builds stamina which will help perform other exercises better.
3. Knee Drop
knee Drop is a perfect exercise for love handles. Apart from ridding fat from the waistline it as well gives an awesome
stretch on your lower back, strengthening the muscles there also.
How to do Knee Drop
- Lie down flat on the ground, with your abs tucked in tight with your spine and your arms straight out making a straight line.
- Then, lift your legs off the ground in a tabletop position.
- Take a ball and squeeze it tight, between both your knees by engaging the lower abs and inner thigh muscles at the same time.
- Gradually drop your knees to the right side with your abs sucked in tight and the lower back flat.
- Breathe out and pull back to the center, then breathe in as you drop your knees on the left side.
- Repeat this exercise on each side for minimum 3 sets.
Benefits of knee Drop
- Knee drop workout works great on the abs and cores, thereby causing massive weight loss in the waist.
- It keeps the hip and pelvic strong.
- It improves body flexibility and effectively tones the entire body.
4. Side Plank Hip Lift
This love handles exercise strengthens the muscles of the core with most of the body weight placed on the
How to do Side Plank Hip Lift
- Stand with the side plank position with your elbow on the ground and your legs and the hips resting on the ground.
- Make sure your body is in a straight line.
- Lift your entire body with your hand and feet resting on the ground.
- Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor.
- Bring it back up to the side plank position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- This move works on your core perfectly, hence is the best for love handles.
- This workout is a great pose for strengthening your shoulders, wrists, arms, etc
- It works perfectly on the body, toning you completely.
5. Spiderman Crunch
The Spiderman workout is a medium intensity exercise on How to Get Rid of Love Handles that strengthens your
lower back and core muscles. It rids love handles of the body.
How to do Spider Crunch
- Get into a push-up position with your shoulders directly over your hands.
- Lift your right foot a few inches off the ground and bring your right knees towards your right elbow as you lower your body into a push-up. Be sure your hips don’t drop and your back doesn’t arch.
- Return your right foot back to the starting position as you push yourself back up.
- Repeat on the left side.
Benefits of Spiderman Crunch
- The Spiderman crunch is a great way to kill love handles and tone your glutes.
- It engages your abs and also gives support to your hips.
- It reduces belly fat.
6. The Saw
The saw is an aerobic workout on How to Get Rid of Love Handles in the waist region. It targets the abs,
core, obliques, etc
How to do it
- Sit up on a mat with your legs extended in front of you. Spread them as wide as the mat.
- Form a “T” with your arms out to the sides and twist toward your right side, stretching your left hand towards your right foot. Pause three times.
- Untwist yourself and return to center.
- Repeat on the left side.
Benefits of the Saw
- It can increase body metabolism and enhance great weight loss.
- Also, It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
- It burns more calories that you can think of.
7. Giant Clam
Giant Clam is one of the simplest exercises on How to Get Rid of Love Handles. It involves the hips, legs,
How to do Giant Clam
- Place your left forearm in the center of the BOSU ball.
- Raise your body up into a side plank with the leg straight out to the side, and your right leg behind bent at 45 degrees.
- Raise your right arm up overhead and keep your hips lifted.
- Bring your right hand and left foot together, keeping your left leg straight.
Benefits of the Giant Clam
- Giant Clam is one of the best exercises for core conditioning.
- It also works your glute, hamstrings, and obliques
- Supports proper posture and improves balance.
8. Plank Variations on How to Get Rid of Love Handles
This love handles move will make you look flat bellied from every angle. It is one of the best workouts on How to get
Rid of Love Handles.
How to do it
- Hold yourself off the floor using your forearms and toes, creating a straight line from your shoulders down to your feet.
- Do not allow your hips to sag or lift too high.
- Create constant tension in the abdominals and glutes to maintain posture.
- Lift right and left leg at the same time and repeat the same with the left hand and right leg
- do 5 sets
Benefits of plank variations
- This exercise enables the body to lift more, react quickly, adapt faster, and stabilize better.
- It burns more calories than regular abs exercises done on the floor.
- It increases body metabolism.
Getting rid of love handles is an act that requires persistent effort. We all want hot figures and curves, like celebrities
to flaunt, right? But we can actualize those dreams with these simple moves outlined above. Love handles might
seem stubborn, but our persistent effort will actually dwarf the hassles.