Dark circles are common in both genders; both male and female. Dark circles are annoying as they make you appear older. They can also be very
difficult to get rid of. These dark circles under the eyes are most common in people who have a genetic predisposition to the condition, elderly people
and people that are from non-white ethnic group because darker skin tones are more prone to this condition.
There are numbers of factors that can be linked to dark circles around the eyes. One of these factors is fatigue. Fatigue; as we all know is a condition
when you are extremely tired. In most cases, if fatigue is the cause, you don’t require medical attention because its either caused by oversleeping or
staying up a few hours past your bedtime.
Other causes could be eye strain due to excess gaze on your phone or computer screen, allergic reactions can also trigger dark circles under your
eyes, dehydration, sun overexposure and genetics.
FAST TREATMENT FOR DARK CIRCLES UNDER EYES
As earlier suggested, getting rid of dark circles under eyes depends on the cause. There are few home remedies that can help manage the condition. Some of them include;
Get extra sleep:
Catching up some of the sleep you lost can help reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes. If you deprive yourself of sleep, it makes your skin appear pale; this pale nature makes the dark circles appear more obvious. Allow yourself to sleep for a minimum of 7 hours to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast.
Soak with tea bags:
Soaking cold tea bags and applying them to your eyes can improve the appearance of your eyes. Tea contains antioxidants and caffeine that helps stimulates blood circulation; it reduces liquid retention beneath your skin and shrinks your blood vessels. You can prepare it this way. Soak 2 green or black tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes. Once the teabags are cold, apply the teabags to eyes while closed for about 10 to 20 minutes. After removing, rinse your eyes clean with cool water.
Apply a cold compress:
cold compresses can help to reduce swelling and dilated blood vessels. This will help reduce the appearance of the dark circles and eliminate them. Wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth with cold water and apply it under your eyes for about 20 minutes. Repeat the process if the cloth becomes warm or if the ice melts.
Elevate your head:
We all know that sleep deprivation can play a big part in getting dark circles under the eyes. Elevate your head with few pillows to prevent fluid from flooding under your eyes which can make them swollen.
Conceal with make up
Cosmetics and make up do not cure dark circles under the eyes. They can help to camouflage the dark eye circles, concealers can help cover dark dark circles so that they blend in with your normal skin color. Be careful with the products you choose because some of them can make the condition worsen.
we have all seen cucumbers used as cold compresses in a place or the other. Either on the TV or beauty parlors. Cucumbers have skin lightening properties and mild astringent properties which makes it a good choice to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast.
How to use
Cucumber can be used in two different ways to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast.
The first way is; Chop fresh cucumbers into slices, freeze it for about 30 minutes, then leave the slices on your eyes for about 10 minutes. After use,
rinse your eyes with warm water.
The second way of applying cucumbers is; mix equal amount of cucumber juice and lemon juice together, use a cotton ball to apply it under your eyes
then leave on for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water. Do this two times daily.
- Tomatoes: tomatoes are very high in lycopene; lycopene is a substance that is great for your cardiovascular health, your skin and your vision. This substance can help your skin by making it more supple, softer and can as well get rid of the dark circles under your eyes fast. You can gain the medicinal benefits of lycopene by mixing equal part of tomato juice and lemon juice together. Apply the mixture under your eyes with a cotton ball and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Do this twice daily to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast.
Tip- Prepare and drink a tasty concoction of tomato juice, mint leaves and lemon juice to improve your skin and overall health.
Milk is a great source of vitamin A, which contain retinoids that helps keep your skin young and makes it look bright. Soak a cotton makeup removal pad in a bowl of cold milk for about 10 minutes. Then, use the pad to apply the milk under your eyes and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and do this 2 times daily.
Curb your Alcohol intake
Alcohol dehydrates you especially when you experience an hangover. It makes your eyes look puffy and red. If you find yourself with a bottle of alcohol, make sure you drink plenty of water to make up for the dehydration. You can also apply a heavy moisturizer around your eyes before sleep.
For a permanent and more effective solution, medical treatments are advisable. Examples of medical treatments include;
- Laser surgeries can help resurface the skin to enhance skin tightening: Special laser treatment or surgeries can help reduce the appearance of dark circles under eyes fast. This procedure is however a bit risky if you don’t go to the right place with competent individuals. Another disadvantage of this process is the cost.
- The use of surgical implants of synthetic products or fats.
- Chemical peels to reduce pigmentation.
- Medical tattoos also can help.
- Removal of excess fats from the skin, revealing a thinner surface.
- Eye massager: Massages promotes blow flow around your eyes and helps to prevent blood from flooding in the capillaries under your eyes. There are quality eye massagers that you can use yourself at home. Just adjust to the right intensity and use your favorite eye cream before the massage.
- Allergy medicines: If the dark circles under your eyes are caused by allergic reactions, it is best you take antihistamines reduce so as to get rid of the dark circles under your eyes fast.