If you want to have a stronger and bigger shoulder that will make you look hot and nice, a type of body that will
make everyone in the room notice you anytime you walk through the door. Also, a well defined upper body that
contributes a lot to keep you physically fit. If you want any of those, you should read this article well and adhere
to the instructions carefully.
Shoulder workout with dumbbells is actually one of the best ways to achieve the aforementioned feats; it can be
done at home or at the gym, depending on your choice.
The best shoulder workout with dumbbells
- Front two dumbbell raise
- Crouched rear deltoid row
- Hammer curls
- Seated bent over rear deltoid raise
- Palms in alternated shoulder press
- Loaded carries
- Push press
Let’s take a look into the best shoulder workout with dumbbells.
1. Front Two Dumbbell Raise
This is an exciting shoulder workout with dumbbells routine that targets your triceps, chest, abs, and shoulder.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and let them hang in front of your thighs at arm’s length with your palms facing your thighs.
- Try not to swing, and lift the dumbbell by bending your elbow slightly and your palms facing down.
- Lower the dumbbells slowly back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets with 10 reps each.
Benefits of front two dumbbell Raise
- This shoulder workout with dumbbells increases the size of your anterior shoulder.
- It increases your performance and strength.
- It strengthens your shoulders and stabilizes your muscles.
- Also, It improves your functional ability.
- It makes you healthy all around.
2. Crouched Rear Deltoid Row
This is quite simple if you calm down to execute the given instructions.
- With the dumbbells in both hands and palms facing backward, bend your hips and knees.
- Raise the dumbbells high up until your elbows form 90 degrees, after a brief pause, lower them back to the starting point.
- This particular shoulder workout has nothing to do with the movement of your other body parts, so try as much as possible to move only your arms during this muscle-building process.
- Do 3 sets of this workout with 10 reps each.
Benefits of Crouched Rear Deltoid Row
- This shoulder workout with dumbbells improves your upper body coordination.
- It protects your arm from injuries.
- It also helps in building your core strength.
3. Hammer Curls
Hammer curl is a great dumbbell workout. An excellent upper body workout that targets your shoulders, biceps, and
increases your shoulder flexibility. It’s quite simple and easy to practice.
- Stand with your body upright and a dumbbell in each of your hands.
- Make sure the dumbbells are facing your torso.
- Bend your elbow to lift the dumbbells.
- After reaching its max, exhale and slowly lower the dumbbells to its starting position.
- Do this for 15 more reps.
Benefits of Hammer Curls
- It strengthens and builds your shoulders.
- This shoulder workout with dumbbells reduces injury risk on the arm.
- Hammer curl improves your overall stature.
4. Seated Bent-Over Rear Deltoid Raise
This cool exercise is a bit technical only if you don’t follow the instructions carefully. To avoid disappointments, try
well to adhere to the instructions.
You need a pair of dumbbells with equal weights and a bench to sit on.
- Start by sitting on the bench you have provided for yourself and the pair of dumbbells behind your calves.
- Bend your waist to pick up the pair of dumbbells with your palms facing each other while picking them.
- Raise the dumbbells with both times at the same time until your arms are parallel to the floor.
- After a second, drop the dumbbells back slowly to its starting point and repeat the shoulder workout for the required amount of reps.
- Do 6 reps with 5 reps each.
Benefits of Seated Bent-Over Rear Deltoid Raise
- This shoulder workout with dumbbells keeps your body more stable.
- It increases your versatility.
- It ensures smooth mobility in your arms.
- Also, It increases your body metabolism.
- It also targets secondary muscles like your triceps, chest, abs, and wrists.
- Do 5 sets with 6 reps each.
5. Palms in Alternated Shoulder Press
Try this shoulder workout with dumbbells and see the difference it will make on your body within days.
- Stand with dumbbells in both hands. One at the shoulder level and the other one high with your arms extended and palms facing each other.
- Push one dumbbell up high until you feel your elbow a bit locked; lower the arm back to its initial position after a brief pause.
- Switch arm and do the same. Make sure you do not jerk your back when you are trying to raise the dumbbells.
- Do 3 sets with 10 reps each.
Benefits of Palms in Alternated Shoulder Press
- It improves your shape and posture in a very great way.
- also, It keeps your arms strong and resistant to injuries.
- It improves your physical prowess.
6. Kickbacks Triceps
This full body workout majorly increases the strength of the muscles present in your arms and other muscles in the
body. It is done with the use of dumbbells.
- Start with a dumbbell in both hands and your palms facing your torso.
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight.
- Keep your head up and bend forward at the waist.
- Make sure a 90 degree angle is formed between your upper arm and forearm.
- Now, lift the dumbbells until your arms are fully extended.
- Inhale, and slowly lower the dumbbells to its starting position.
- Repeat for 9 more reps and practice daily.
Benefits of Triceps Kickbacks
- It tones and builds the muscles in your arms.
- Also, It strengthens your physically.
- It helps your mental health.
- It gives you a better shape.
7. Loaded Carries
This is actually one of the coolest of all the shoulder workout with dumbbells because of loads of benefits it carries
along with it when you practice it.
- To begin, you need a pair of dumbbells. Also, set a target that is about 50 meters far from you.
- After that, lift each dumbbell on both arms; make sure it doesn’t exceed your knee.
- Next, hinge at the hips and bend slightly at the knees.
- Once in this position, begin to walk slowly towards your target.
- Avoid rushing, shrugging or leaning forward during this walk to your target.
Benefits of Loaded Carries
- This full body workout is very great and known for improving posture.
- It builds you a strong core and straight spine
- It keeps you fit and healthier than usual.
- Gets you ready for daily tasks.
- Lastly, this workout is good for your mental health.
8. Push Press
This is one of the best and most effective muscle building exercises for your shoulder. Take a close look at the
instructions and practice.
- While standing, raise two dumbbells up high above your shoulder level. Make sure your palms are facing each other and your knees are arched.
- Push the dumbbells high until you feel your arms are close to locking; lower your arms back after a brief pause.
- Maintain a good breathing moment when lifting and lowering the dumbbells. Breathe out when lifting the dumbbells up and breathe out when lowering them back.
- Do 2 sets of this shoulder workout with 15 reps each.
Benefits of Push Press
- Push press improves your stature in a unique way.
- This shoulder workout with dumbbells also helps improve your core strength.
- It protects and strengthens your back.
There you are with shoulder workout with dumbbells, some of the best muscle building exercises all for you and at
your usage. Create a schedule for each shoulder exercise, it may be one of the shoulder workout weekly or two. Just
make sure you practice them to effectively increase your muscle mass in the shoulder region of your body. Also, eat
healthy food, drink a lot of water and lastly, sleep well.