Keto diet for beginners in the world of workouts and weight loss is the best as you try to watch your weight by
avoiding high carb diets. It is necessary for you to know or familiarize yourself with keto diet for beginners’ food list
to avoid. Keto diets are low or very low carb diets. The question now is how much of carbs should you consume in a
day? It’s quite easy, 20 to 25 grams per day is good for maximum effect. We have keto friendly diets and keto diet
for beginners food list you can avoid.
What are keto friendly diets?
These are foods that are low in net carbs. Carbohydrates present in foods determine the foods net carb. Let’s take a
vegetable, for instance, all vegetables are not keto friendly. Vegetables are a healthy part of diets we humans
consume but there are some on the keto diet food for beginners’ food list to avoid. Before we get into keto diet for
beginners food list to avoid, let’s see some keto friendly foods;
- Low carb vegetables- examples are kale, broccoli, spinach, and other low carb vegetables.
- Nuts and seeds- Like walnuts, sunflower seeds, macadamias, etc.
- Sweeteners- stevia, monk fruit, erythritol, and other low carb sweeteners.
- High-fat dairy- high fat cream, butter, hard cheeses, etc.
- Meats- lamb, eggs, fish, beef, poultry, and other keto friendly meats. A normal amount of meat is enough for you.
- Avocado and berries- blackberries, raspberries, and other low carb sweeteners.
- Other healthy fats- avocado oil, olive oil, animal fats, coconut oil, etc.
8 KETO DIET FOR BEGINNERS’ FOOD LIST TO AVOID
The above are all keto diet food list for beginners that are friendly. Let’s get down to 8 keto diet for beginners food list to avoid.
- Milk and low-fat dairy
- Inflammatory vegetable oils
- High carb alcohol
Let’s look into them one after the other.
Sugar is the first of the keto diet for beginners food list to avoid I will explain. Table sugar, honey, agave, maple
syrup, and all sugar-sweetened product should be avoided if you want to sustain ketosis. Cut all cookies, chocolate
bars, donuts, breakfast cereals, sweets, fruit juice, sports drinks, frozen treats, and vitamin water. The above
mentioned all pose a big threat to your body because of its high carb content. Too much sugar doesn’t change you
at all but instead adds more weight to you. More reasons you should limit or cut off sugar includes;
- Sugar has been linked with Acne. Sugary foods spike your insulin levels and blood sugar.
- It may increase the risk of you having a heart disease: The number one cause of deaths worldwide which is heart disease has been heavily linked with sugar as a cause.
Margarine has been advertised worldwide to be a healthy alternative to butter, but over the years, it has been the
opposite. Margarine initially was made from animal fats, but chemists discovered a way to replace them with other
substances. It is indeed one of the keto diets for beginners to run from or avoid.
Why you should avoid Margarine
- The first reason is that vegetable oils used to produce regular margarine these days have a high amount of polyunsaturated fats. When these are consumed over a long time, it causes the effects of cell damage, heart disease, cancer, and aging.
- Secondly, margarine is made up of hydrogenated oils which are high in the omega-6 fatty acid. This component of margarine leads to inflammation, belly fat, cancer, and heart disease.
A lot of foods we all consume daily is mainly starch. This poses a great threat to our health and can lead to unwanted
diseases over a long time. I will list 3 starchy you should avoid on the keto diet for beginners list.
- Salty and processed snacks: as a beginner, eating salty and processed snacks is like a starch overdose. Most of the processed snacks available to us contain a high amount of sodium which puts you at high risk of blood pressure.
- Pasta and cereals: pasta has a lot of carbs and barely has any fiber to supplement or find it to balance the content of starch present in it. Beginners should always try to avoid pasta. According to studies, a bowl of cereal can make you go over your carb requirement for the day. This is bad for your health, please avoid them.
- Processed potatoes: it’s good to consume processes potatoes but when its getting excess, it’s bad for your health. When potatoes are processed, it removes useful ingredients from it. Potato chips, French fries are all processed potatoes, reduce the intake.
Don’t get this wrong, fruits are very good for your health. But there are certain fruits you need to avoid if you want to
attain ketosis. Below are 5 fruits on the keto diet for beginners food list you should avoid;
- Avocado: as a high-calorie food, avocado should be consumed less. It’s a good source of healthy fats but it could multiply your weight easily.
- Dry fruit: Prunes, raisins, and all kinds of dry fruits have more calories because their water content is low. Avoid them at all cost.
- Banana: although it is healthy, you should have them moderately, excessive consumption of banana can lead to weight gain. One banana is enough for the day.
- Grapes: when on a strict weight loss, grapes are the wrong option of fruits to consider.
- Mango: Mangoes have hidden calories that can disrupt your weight loss plan. Ignore the sweetness and avoid this fruit now to attain ketosis.
5. Milk and Low-fat Dairy
Low-fat dairy causes obesity and can be very bad for your health. Studies have linked low-fat diary to mortality over
They make you gain unnecessary weight which naturally shouldn’t occur. Other diseases low-fat diary
causes include diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and infertility. Excess milk is on the keto diet for beginners food list
too. We can’t do without milk but consume moderately.
6. Inflammatory Vegetable Oils
Below are reasons why vegetable oils are one the keto diet for beginners food list to avoid:
- Vegetable oils have no vegetable benefit. This means that using vegetable oils don’t mean that you get the nutrients you get from real vegetables. They are two different things.
- The second reason is that vegetable oil inflames your system. The presence of excess hydrogen in vegetable oils can promote diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other conditions in your body.
- Vegetable oil is rich in gut and body damaging toxins
- Vegetable oils are unstable: this unstable state of vegetable oils causes your body damage and makes your health deteriorate.
7. High Carb Alcohol
There are many alcoholic beverages with a lot of calorie content. I will give you a list of some of the alcohols you
should avoid on the keto diet for beginners food list and keto friendly ones you can consume.
Alcoholic drinks to avoid
- Regular beer- carb content is 12 grams per cup serving
- Whiskey sour- 13 grams per cup serving
- Cosmopolitan- 22 grams per cup serving
- Sangria- 27 grams per cup serving
- Bloody Mary- 10 grams per cup serving
- Pina colada- 32 grams per cup serving
- Margarita- 13 grams per cup serving
Keto friendly alcoholic drinks
- Vodka- 0 grams
- Light beer- 4 grams per cup serving
- Red wine- 3 grams
- Tequila- 0 grams
- White wine- 3 to 4 grams
- Gin- 0 grams
- Rum- 0 grams
- Whiskey- 0 grams
These are common foods we see around us, we can’t avoid completely but it will be fair and beneficial to your body
when you limit the intake. Below are 4 reasons why you should avoid grains on the keto diet for beginners list.
- To balance your mood: When you avoid grains, your mood brightens up all the time as a result of the balance ensured between omega-3 fatty acid and omega-6 fatty acid.
- helps to increase nutrition: this involves sufficient nutrition in small persons, and to be more attractive.
- To simplify diet
- Weight loss: Grains make you gain weight avoid it on the keto diet for beginners food list and you will be shocked because of how you will lose weight.
8 keto diet for beginners food list to avoid have been shown clearly to you. Some of them can be consumed in
moderation while you should avoid some for a very long time to attain ketosis.