Having beautiful and strong abs can be gained through yoga poses for abs. it is really good, not just for showing off but also for regulating internal
processes like your stamina. A strong core helps you maintain support in daily activities.
Yoga is a great way to get sleek abs without regret.
15 YOGA POSES FOR ABS FOR BEGINNERS AT HOME
Follow all the instructions and start grinding the town with your abs.
1. Supine Twist Yoga Posture (Supta Matsyendrasana)
A great yoga poses for abs that relieves tension in your back as well as neck. This asana also helps you relax after a long day and build abs.
- Lay on your back and spread your arms wide to form a T shape.
- Bring your knees to your chest and turn them to your side.
- Keep your neck neutral and don’t try to look at your knees.
- Keep both shoulders on the floor and maintain the pose for 2 minutes.
Benefits of Supine Twist
- It provides a good stretch for the spine.
- Also, It relieves you of stress.
- It makes you more flexible in the hip and back region.
- This yoga pose builds your core strength.
2. Fish Yoga Pose (Matsyasana)
Fish pose is a yoga poses for abs opens the abdomen, chest and throat. It neutralizes pressure on the neck and spine, it opens the lung which
improves breathing and helps to relief respiratory illness or disease. It also helps to relief constipation and menstrual pain, it stimulates abdominal
organs, reduces anxiety and depression and increases metabolism.
- Start by lying on your back with your legs extended and your arms by your side with your palms down.
- Press your forearms and elbow into the floor and lift your chest to create an arch in your upper back.
- Lift your shoulder blade and upper torso off the floor and bend your head back bringing the crown of your head to the floor
- Keep pressing through your hands and forearms, there should be very little weight pressing through your head
- Keep your thighs energized and active
- Hold for 5 breaths. To release the pose, press firmly through your forearms to slightly lift your head off the floor.
Benefits of Fish Pose
- It helps with respiratory diseases and illness.
- Also, It reduces depression and increases metabolism.
- It opens the lungs.
3. Thread the Needle Yoga Pose (Parsva Balasana)
- Begin the asana on your hands and knees. Place your wrist under your shoulder and knees directly under your hips. Point your fingertips to the top of your yoga mat. Keep your knees hip width and shins apart. Ensure your head is in a neutral position (this is called the table pose).
- Spread your knees apart and drop your hip back towards your heel
- Walk your right hand forward one or two inches in front of your shoulder to the outer edge of the mat
- Turn your chest and gaze towards your right hand as you slowly lower the edge of your left arm
- Hold and breathe as any tension in your shoulder releases naturally
- To drop the pose, use your right hand to push yourself back to a neutral table top.
Benefits of thread the needle yoga pose
- It compresses the upper chest muscles, detoxifies the body through the twist.
- Also, It opens the muscle of the shoulder.
- It ensures circulation to the arms, hand and fingers.
- It also soothes the digestive system.
4. Plank Pose (Svanasana)
Plank is a very good yoga pose for abs beginners who like to build their upper body. Apart from that, it’s really cool and easy to practice.
- Inhale and draw your arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Firm the bases of your index fingers and press your outer arms inward.
- Make your shoulder blades firm and spread them away from your spine.
- Press your front thighs towards the sky.
- Lift the base of your head away from the back of your neck.
- Stay in the pose for 1 minute.
Benefits of Plank Pose
- It makes your core strength increase.
- It keeps you calm and fit.
5. Low Lunge Pose (Anjeneyasana)
This yoga pose for abs for beginners is also called Anjaneyasana. Low lunge pose is useful in losing weight, improving core strength and gaining
- Exhale and place your right leg in between your hands.
- Put your hands on your right knee and your right knee over your right ankle.
- Keep in and raise your right arm above your head, leaving your right arm in line with your ear.
- Breathe out and bend the right knee even more.
- Breathe in and put the front knee back over the ankle.
- Do the same on the left side.
Benefits of Low Lunge Pose
- Low lunge pose develops endurance and stamina in your thighs.
- Also, Low lunge pose calms your mind and opens up your chest and shoulders.
- Low lunge pose stretches your hips.
- Low lunge pose also improves your coordination and balance.
6. Half Boat Pose (Ardha Navasana)
The half boat yoga poses for abs strengthens the abdomen, hip flexor and spine leaving a chance of losing weight and belly fat.
- From a seated position, place your hand on the back of your knee
- Bend your knees 90 degrees
- Pull your legs in toward your abdomen
- Maintain the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat after a brief rest
Benefits of Half Boat Pose
- Half boat pose helps reduce stress and aids digestion
- Half boat pose strengthens your abdominal muscles
- It makes your spine and hip flexors more flexible
7. Side Plank Pose (Vasisthasana)
The side plank pose is really good for your abs, through the process; you lose belly fat. Aside from that, side plank yoga pose strengthens your arm
and legs, this yoga is really good for athletes or people who want to build their stamina.
- Place your palms on the floor, and your toes together.
- Remove your left palm from the floor.
- With your weight on your right palm, lift the left arm straight up.
- Maintain this pose for 30 second to 1 minute.
- Repeat the process on the other side and rest.
Benefits of Side Plank Pose (Vasisthasana)
- Side plank pose reduces your belly fat.
- It strengthens your abdominal muscles, arms and legs.
8. Tree Pose (Vriksasana)
The tree pose looks easy until when you attempt it, one of the best yoga poses for abs for beginners is the tree pose as it also builds your strength
and maintains balance and stability in your body.
- Place your left foot on the inside of your left thigh.
- Make sure to keep your body straight.
- Keep your palms closed together.
- Maintain a steady balance for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat the process using your other leg.
Benefits of Tree Pose (Vriksasana)
- Vriksasana stretches your thighs, groin, torso and shoulders.
- Tree pose builds strength in your calves and ankles.
- Tree pose tones the abdominal muscles.
- The tree pose improves your balance and coordination.
9. Four Limbed Staff Yoga Pose
Four limbed staff pose looks somewhat like push up but unlike push up, you don’t have to move in an oscillatory motion. Four limbed staff pose
strengthens the arms and wrist; it also tones the abdominal region.
- Begin this pose making your shoulders firm.
- Breathe out slowly and lower your of torso to the floor.
- Let the space between your shoulders broad.
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Release yourself from the yoga pose with a slow exhalation.
Benefits of Four Limbed Staff Yoga Pose
- Like all yoga poses, four limbed staff yoga pose centers your thoughts.
- It strengthens your arms and wrist.
- It reduces your weight generally.
10. Seated Forward Bend
Seated forward bend helps calm the brain; it also relieves stress and depression. It stretches the spine, hamstrings and shoulders. Seated forward bend
aids in digestion of food and also burns belly fat.
- Sit on the floor with your back supported by a folded blanket.
- Make your legs straight on the floor.
- Lengthen your arms and keep your heads straight.
- With deep inhalation, lengthen your torso slightly.
- Stay in the pose for about 1 minute to 3 minutes.
Benefits of Seated Forward Bend
- It makes you have a sleek 6 packs.
- It helps you relax.
11. Dolphin Pose
Dolphin pose works the abs, it tones the shoulder and lengthens the spine. Basically, this yoga pose for abs for beginners engages all your core
- Start from plank pose and drop all your forearms to the mat, keeping your wrist in line with your elbow and your palm flat on the floor.
- Make sure your elbows are directly below your shoulders.
- Lift your hips up towards the sky and walk your toes towards your head.
- Hold this pose for about a minute.
Benefits of Dolphin Pose
- Dolphin pose tones your abs.
- This yoga pose for abs makes you flexible.
12. Upward Facing Plank Pose
Loads of benefits in this pose if only you practice.
- Start seated on your yoga mat with your legs extended in front of you.
- Brings your arms behind you, your palms flat on the mat and your fingers facing you.
- Lift your feet upwards and allow your feet fall towards the floor, press it flat on the floor if possible.
Benefits of Upward Facing Plank Pose
- It tones your core muscles.
- It helps your balance and coordination.
13. Cat Cow Pose (Marjaryasana/ Bitilasana)
- Set up on all four position on a yoga mat with your palms directly below your shoulders and knees below your hip
- Look forward and arch your back slowly
- Slide your shoulders away from your ears. Now, breath out, press your palms onto the floor and your palms
- Let your head tip forward gently
- Hold this pose for 2 to 5 seconds and then slowly extend your back as high as possible
Release yourself from the pose and repeat one more time in a day at night for maximum benefit.
Benefits of Cat Cow Pose
- It is a pose used to relieve tensions from the back and also the neck, the flexion and extension movement while breathing mobilizes the spine and shoulder girdle.
- The asana flow helps reduce stress from menstrual cramps; sciatica cat cow pose improves and strengthens flexibility of the spine, neck and shoulders.
- It also stretches the spine and improves circulation to the discs between the vertebrae, which relieves stress from the back and calms the mind.
14. Twisting Boat Pose
This pose engages your deep abs and test the strength of all your core muscles.
- Start from boat pose and keep your shins parallel to the ground. Bend your knees and straighten your legs.
- Hold this pose for 1 breath with your arms extended straight in front of you.
- Twist to the left side, while opening your arms side.
- Come back to the starting point and repeat the move on your right side.
Benefits of Twisting Boat Pose
- It fires up your side body, both your internal and external obliques.
- It works up your abs.
15. Knees to Chest Pose (Apanasana)
It stretches and stabilizes the pelvis and low back, it builds your core muscles and reduces back pain.
- Start by lying on your back with your spine in a neutral position.
- Bend your right knee towards your chest.
- Straighten your left leg and flex your left foot back towards your knee.
- Relax your neck and shoulders.
- Draw your pubic bone towards your belly button, lengthening your lower back.
- Release your hands and bring them to your side. Straighten the bent leg to fully release the pose.
Benefits of Knees to Chest Pose
- It helps you relax.
- Improves blood circulation and re-balances your energy.