Weight training is important for everyone who has excess body fat. Before you start this 12 weeks weight training workout plan, have it at the back of
your mind that once you start, there is no going back to ensure you have a perfect result.
WEIGHT TRAINING WORKOUTS
1. Barbell Standing Overhead Press
This particular workout is a great muscle and strength builder and it is meant for losing weight especially in the upper body and core.
Main equipment you need for this weight training workout is a barbell.
- Begin by placing a barbell which is about a chest high on a squat rack. Grab the barbell with a palm facing forward grip. Make sure your grab the bar wider than shoulder width apart from each other.
- Continue by bending your knees slightly and place the barbell on your collar bone. Lift the barbell up while keeping it lying on your chest. While doing that, take a little step backwards for balance and position your feet wide apart from each other.
- Lift the barbells up a bit over your head. This is the starting position.
- Lower the barbell down your collarbone slowly.
- Lift the barbell to the starting position again.
- Repeat the process for the instructed amount of rep.
Benefits of Barbell Standing Overhead Press
- It is an exercise that builds your strength and stamina.
- It is a good workout for your shoulders.
- Barbell standing overhead press can be done by anyone including beginners.
- In addition, this workout builds your chest, triceps, abs and core simultaneously.
- It is a great workout used in correcting slanting postures.
- And lastly, makes you healthy and fit all round.
2. Reverse Woodchop
This weight training workout is advisably practiced early around 7am. It is strength testing, so try everything possible to complete the number of reps.
- Stand with your feet wide apart with one dumbbell on each hands.
- Lower the weight towards your right foot and bend your knees.
- Stand as you rotate your torso to the right and lift your left heel.
- Bring the weight across your body diagonally.
- Reverse the motion to return to the starting position of the workout.
- Do 10 reps, and then repeat on the opposite side.
Benefits of Reverse Woodchop
- It’s a full body workout for weight loss.
- Good for your overall physical fitness.
- It gets you ready for all life activities.
The fact that deadlift is one of the coolest weight training workout can’t be disputed because it has loads of benefit for your body.
- Start by placing the barbells on each end of a pole.
- Grip the barbell well while standing in the middle of it.
- Make sure your feet are wide apart.
- Squat down as low as possible (to the point it feels like you are about to fall).
- All your weight should be on your toes and heels.
- Also, lift the barbell to the point where seems like it’s about to leave the ground.
- Take a deep breath and lift the barbell straight up.
Benefits of Deadlifts
- It lowers your risk of back ache and injury.
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Strengthens and workouts your glutes.
Whichever weight you are choosing for the barbells, make sure they are equal at each end and don’t pick a weight you can’t deal with.
4. Triceps Kickbacks
This full body workout majorly increases the strength of the muscles present in your arms and other muscles in the body. It is done with the use of
- Start with a dumbbell in both hands and your palms facing your torso.
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight.
- Keep your head up and bend forward at the waist.
- Make sure a 90 degree angle is formed between your upper arm and fore arm.
- Now, lift the dumbbells until your arms are fully extended.
- Inhale, and slowly lower the dumbbells to its starting position.
Benefits of Triceps Kickbacks
- It tone and build the muscles in your arms.
- It strengthens your physically.
- Also, It helps your mental health.
- It gives you a better shape.
You can read
5. Cross Jacks
Cross jacks is a strength training exercise for weight loss and also cardio move that keeps your heart rate up and improves you generally.
- Stand with your feet wide apart while your arms are extended at both sides with palms facing down.
- Jump and cross your right foot over you left and also, your right foot over your left leg.
- Also, Jump and return to your starting position.
- Jump again and cross your left arm over your right arm and your left leg over your right leg. This concludes a rep.
- 20 reps of cross jacks should be the minimum amount you practice.
Benefits of Cross Jack
- It promotes relaxation and improves your muscle endurance.
- Also, It boosts your metabolism.
- It increases your coordination.
- Cross jack assists you in weight loss.
- Cross jack builds your bone.
WEIGHT TRAINING WORKOUT PLAN
For the first week, you should do a minimum of 20 reps of barbell standing overhead press and you should not exceed 50 reps of the workout each day. find a suitable weight that won’t wear you out.
You will start combining weight training workouts the 2nd week, combine barbell standing overhead press and reverse woodchop. However you do it, make sure you do more of reverse woodchop than barbell standing overhead press.
On the 3rd week, you take it a bit slow by doing only reverse woodchop. A minimum of 20 reps of reverse woodchop and a max of 50 reps should be done each day.
Week 4, you combine reverse chopwood and deadlift to make a perfect combo in getting rid of excess body fat. Find a perfect number of rep for yourself and practice these workouts.
Week 5 will also be a combo of 2 weight training workouts. Deadlift and barbell standing overhead press will also be a very good combination. Also, find a perfect number of rep that won’t overkill you.
Week 6 will be a solo week, a week to take it really slow on your body. Let’s do triceps kickback this week to ensure soft impact on your body. On the first day of the 6th week, do 10 reps of triceps kickback.
Continue the week by adding 5 reps to the workout each day.
This week won’t really be a tedious one also as we will combine 2 simple workouts. We take triceps kickback and cross jacks. Cross jack is a non equipment exercise that ensures you lose a great amount of calorie and it also helps you with your balance.
According to the instruction, 20 reps of cross jacks should be the minimum amount you should practice each day. After completing cross jacks every day, top it with 10 reps of triceps kickback.
Week 8 will be a repetition of the first week with some spice. Overhead press all through the week and cross jacks.
You have to hustle up on week 9. No new workout will be introduced this week as you will be doing combos of the ones given before. Do some deadlifts this week and cross jacks. Do 15 reps of deadlifts and 15 reps of cross jacks every day in week 9.
This week will be a combo of 3 weight training workout. 20 reps of deadlifta, plus 10 reps of cross jack, plus 10 reps of reverse woodchop will make a perfect week for you.
The weight training workout plan is almost over. So, it is advisable to go slow on your body. Do 20 reps of triceps kickback and 10 reps of cross jacks.
It’s the final week of the weight training workout and the perfect combination of workouts. Do 15 reps of deadlifts and 30 reps of reverse woodchop.