As we live a busy life, yoga pose for weight loss is what we need to stay fit and healthy. The most exciting part of it is
that you can practice all the yoga poses at home. All you need is your yoga mart which is optional. Yoga is a series of
a physical, mental and spiritual activity which increases your flexibility, strengthens your muscles, it also centers your
thought and helps you cope with the effect of stress. Aside from all these, yoga can lessen chronic pain, lower your
blood pressure, reduce insomnia and prepare you mentally and physically for all daily activities. This article will teach
you how to exploit all the advantages yoga offers you, particularly weight loss.
Firstly, let’s address it from this angle, are you a person who loves consuming sugary food, beverages, alcohol or you
don’t get enough sleep or you don’t exercise at all. Well, there are loads of people like that who as a result of all
these gain a lot of weight, that is not all, the real problem is that they are not in love with their body shape, some are
even mocked for their stature and it becomes so embarrassing for them. Well, this is good news for you if you can
follow the instructions laid down carefully.
As said earlier, yoga is very useful when it comes to losing weight and belly fat. There are certain yoga poses for
weight loss which if practiced well will yield a very good and impressive result.
LIST OF YOGA POSES FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Yoga offers hundreds of asanas (postures) contained within a countless number of flows or sequences. All postures
deliver a variety of physical benefits. Additionally, almost every pose addresses detoxification on some level. Ten
yoga poses for weight loss and belly fat burn will be discussed critically and step by step guides will be given.
- Wide-legged forward bend
- Lunge (Anjaneyasana)
- Half Boat Pose (Ardha Navasana)
- Side Plank (Vasisthasana)
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Tree Pose
- Lord of the Dance Pose (Natarajasana)
- Child’s Pose
- Four-Limbed Staff Pose
- Seated forward bend
1. Wide legged forward bend
This yoga pose for weight loss increases flexibility and burns belly fat by stimulating the abdominal organs.
- As you begin the asana, exhale and step your feet wide apart
- Lean forward by rotating your hip joints, with your palms placed on the floor, bend your elbow and lower your elbow
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits of wide-legged forward bend
- This yoga pose strengthens the legs and spine. It also stimulates the abdominal organs, allowing belly fats loosen or otherwise burn.
- It also stimulates the kidney, liver, uterus, and ovaries
- This improves digestion, soothes headache, therapy for insomnia, high blood pressure, and infertility
- It helps relieve menstrual discomfort and menopause symptoms
- Seated forward bend assist also help relieve stress, calms the brain and mild depression.
2. Low Lunge pose (Anjeneyasana)
This type of yoga pose is also called Anjaneyasana. Like wide-legged forward bend, low lunge pose is useful in losing
weight and gaining flexibility.
- Exhale and place your right leg in between your hands
- Put your hands on your right knee and your right knee over your right ankle
- Keep in and raise your right arm above your head, leaving your right arm in line with your ear
- Breathe out and bend the right knee even more
- Breathe in and put the front knee back over the ankle
- Do the same on the left side
Benefits of low lunge pose (Anjeneyasana)
- Low lunge pose develops endurance and stamina in your thighs
- It helps to calm your mind and opens up your chest and shoulders
- Low lunge pose stretches your hips
- Low lunge pose also improves your coordination and balance
3. Half Boat Pose (Ardha Navasana)
The half boat yoga pose for weight loss strengthens the abdomen, hip flexor and spine leaving a chance of losing
weight and belly fat.
- From a seated position, place your hand on the back of your knee
- Bend your knees 90 degrees
- Pull your legs in toward your abdomen
- Maintain the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat after a brief rest
Benefits of half boat pose (Ardha Navasana)
- Half boat pose helps reduce stress and aids digestion
- Half boat pose strengthens your abdominal muscles
- It makes your spine and hip flexors more flexible
4. Side plank pose (Vasisthasana)
The side plank yoga poses for weight loss is really good for your abs, through the process; you lose belly fat. Aside
from that, side plank yoga pose strengthens your arm and legs, this yoga is really good for athletes or people who
want to build their
- Place your palms on the floor, and your toes together
- Remove your left palm from the floor
- With your weight on your right palm, lift the left arm straight up
- Maintain this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Repeat the process on the other side and rest
Benefits of side plank pose (Vasisthasana)
- Side plank pose slims your belly fat
- It strengthens your abdominal muscles, arms, and legs
5. Chair Pose
Chair yoga poses for weight loss looks somehow like squatting, you assume the pose in a sitting position. Bring
yourself into the chair pose and endure it for a minute for maximum benefit.
- Keep your feet tight together
- Lower your body into a squatting position
- Tuck your hip in slightly
- Maintain this posture for about a minute
Benefits of chair pose
- Chair pose slims the fats in your legs, tones and strengthens it
- Chair pose is good to clear your mind and calms you down
Practice this yoga pose for weight loss early in the morning before breakfast or at night (4 hours after dinner).
6. Tree pose (Vriksasana)
The tree yoga pose for weight loss looks easy until when you attempt it, one of the best yoga poses for weight loss is
the tree pose as it also builds your strength and maintains balance and stability in your body.
- Place your left foot on the inside of your left thigh
- Make sure to keep your body straight
- Keep your palms closed together
- Maintain a steady balance for about 30 seconds
- Repeat the process using your other leg
Benefits of tree pose (Vriksasana)
- Vriksasana stretches your thighs, groin, torso, and shoulders
- Tree pose builds strength in your calves and ankles
- Tree pose tones the abdominal muscles
- The tree pose improves your balance and coordination
7. Lord of the Dance Pose (Natarajasana)
Lord of the dance yoga poses for weight loss helps to stretch the shoulder and chest; it also improves balance and
adds strength to the leg and ankle.
- Firstly, take a deep breath in and move your weight to your right foot
- Grab the outside of your left foot with your left hand
- Lift your left foot away from the ground and extend your left thigh
- Maintain this pose for 20 seconds to 30 seconds
- Repeat the process using your right arm and right leg
8. Child’s Pose (Balasana)
The child yoga pose for weight loss stretches your arms and lowers back; it also makes the whole body relaxed. It is
one of the simplest yoga pose for weight loss to practice as you assume the shape of a child in its mother womb.
- Start by kneeling on the floor
- Toes your toes at the same time
- Breathe out and lay your arms between your thighs
- Put your hands on the floor
- Maintain the pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits of child’s pose
- The child’s pose releases tension from the body
- Balasana keeps you agile and alert by eradicating dizziness
- The child’s pose helps in maintaining a steady breath that calms adult
- The child’s pose helps your internal organs function more properly and healthy
9. Four limbed staff yoga pose
Four limbed staff yoga poses for weight loss looks somewhat like push up but unlike push up, you don’t have to
move in an oscillatory motion. Four limbed staff pose strengthens the arms and wrist, it also tones the abdominal
- Begin this pose making your shoulders firm
- Breathe out slowly and lower your torso to the floor
- Let the space between your shoulders broad
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Release yourself from the yoga pose with a slow exhalation
Benefits of four limbed staff yoga pose
- Like all yoga poses, four limbed staff yoga pose centers your thoughts
- It strengthens your arms and wrist
- It reduces your weight generally
10. Seated forward bend
Seated forward bend yoga poses for weight loss helps calm the brain; it also relieves stress and depression. It
stretches the spine, hamstrings, and shoulders. Seated forward bend aids in the digestion of food and also burns
- Sit on the floor with your back supported by a folded blanket
- Make your legs straight on the floor
- Lengthen your arms and keep your heads straight
- With a deep inhalation, lengthen your torso slightly
- Stay in the pose for about 1 minute to 3 minutes
With the entire yoga pose for weight loss mentioned above; if practiced well and regularly, they will yield a result in
no time and you have that dream body you have been craving for.