Leg workouts is really important, I need it, you need it, and we all do. Before I delve in deep, I have got good news
for you which is you can go to the gym without needing the help of an instructor after reading this article. Lower
body consists of different muscles like the glutes, quads, calf, and others. It is important to build these muscles
through some leg workout at the gym to ensure that unnecessary fat that sticks around will disappear. Toned legs
is the trend nowadays, especially among ladies. This may be your heaven-sent article to get rid of those
unhealthy thigh fats.
BEST LEG WORKOUTS AT THE GYM TO REDUCE THIGH FAT
1. Leg Press
This is the best leg workouts at the gym to reduce thigh fats, which is why it is coming up first.
- Begin by setting the weights. Now, start the workout properly by sitting on the machine.
- Continue by placing your feet on the footplate in front of you. Make sure your legs are shoulder-width apart.
- Lower the footplate’s bar and press it all the way up such that your legs are extended creating a 90 degree. You may want to keep your knees bent at this point to avoid injuries.
- Slowly lower the footplate to make a 90 degree with your lower and upper legs.
- Breathe in and push the plate back to your starting point, breathe out.
- Do 15 reps.
Benefits of Leg press
- It gets rid of thigh fats.
- Also, It strengthens your legs.
- It enhances mobility.
2. Stiff Legged Deadlift
This reduces thigh fats and makes your lower body look really awesome.
- Anchor a tension cord around something to about your ankle height.
- Hold the anchor handles strongly while facing where it is anchored.
- Slightly bend your knees and stick your butt.
- Keep your weight on your heels and maintain a flat back. Also, make sure not to bend your arms as you bring yourself back to standing.
- Do 15 reps of this leg workout at the gym.
Benefits of Stiff Legged Deadlift
- This leg workout opens your hips.
- It is also a powerful length and strength exercise for your hamstrings.
- It strengthens and makes you prone to injury.
3. Russian Twists:
This Leg workout is quite familiar and cannot be ignored in the list of best leg workouts at the gym.
- Get a 7 to 15 pound medicine ball for this workout.
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent.
- Keep your back straight and raise your feet off the floor.
- Pick the medicine ball and hold it at chest level.
- Twist to the left and reach the ball behind you as far as you can.
- Pause briefly, and then rotate to the right side too.
- Do 10 reps.
Benefits of Russian Twists
- Russian twist is a good leg workout for firing side muscles. Side muscles are essential for runners as it gives enough mobility for the lower body.
- Also effective when it comes to having a nice thigh gap.
You can also read
4. Standing Calf Raises
A bit technical to pull off but trust me, it really pays off.
- Before you start, ensure the calf raise machine is set to your height.
- Now, to begin with, stand with your toes facing front and your shoulders under the machine’s pads.
- Put your feet firmly on the step with your heels extending over the edge.
- Breathe out and raise your heels as high as it can go.
- Pause briefly and lower your heels to go back to your starting point.
- Do 2 sets with 10 reps each.
Benefits of Standing Calf Raise
- This leg workout helps to stretch your calves.
- It strengthens your legs too.
5. Banded Walks
The use of a resistance band is required for this workout.
- Step your legs onto a resistance band.
- The distance between your legs should be about 1 ft.
- Make sure the band is so tight.
- Lead your knees and walk sideways in a squat position.
- Keep your back straight and your core tensed.
- Walk 10 steps to your right side and 10 steps to your left.
- Increase your steps by 5 more each day you progress in this workout.
Benefits of Banded Walks
- It strengthens your thigh muscles.
- It improves your stamina.
- Also, It improves your resistance to injury.
- It makes you have a firm butt.
6. Leg Extensions
You can try leg extensions today to reap all the benefits that await you in this leg workouts at the gym.
- Start by setting the load, sit on the machine and keep your legs hooked under the footpad.
- Put your hands on the sidebars and make sure the inside of your knee forms a 90 degree (this is to avoid undue stress).
- Exhale, and extend your legs fully using your quads. Ensure your back is kept flat on the padded seat during the movement.
- Pause briefly and squeeze your leg muscles for a moment, slowly go back to your starting position.
- Do 5 sets with 7 reps each.
Benefits of Leg extensions
- Leg extension helps you have flexible hips.
- It keeps fats away from your thighs and lower leg.
- It is also one of the best workouts at the gym to reduce thigh fat because of its impact on your core muscles.
7. Hammer Curls on One Leg
Hammer curls are really good for your arms and legs, as an additional bonus, it improves your balance.
- Hold dumbbells in both hands with your palms facing in.
- Lift your left foot off the ground while holding the position.
- Now, curl the weights upwards your shoulders with your palms facing in and squeezing your biceps.
- Do 10 reps and switch legs.
Benefits of Hammer Curls
- It improves your posture.
- It helps your balancing.
- Makes your legs stronger.
- It also strengthens your arms.
8. Single-Leg Hamstring Curl
This article about reducing thigh fat and getting toned legs, I think it’s not complete if this cool workout isn’t
- Lie on your back with a Swiss ball under your feet.
- Form a bridge with the ball by lifting your hips off the ground and pressing your feet into the floor.
- Bend your left knee towards your chest while keeping your right foot firmly on the ball.
- Place your arms on the floor for balance, then; draw the ball in towards your butt by bending your right knee.
- Extend the right knee slowly to complete the workout.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Do 10 reps on each leg.
Benefits of Single Leg Hamstring Curl
- Makes you have a better toned legs and thigh gap.
- This workout also makes you flexible.
9. Lying Leg Curls
- Lie face down on the machine and then place your feet under the footpad, a few inches below your calves.
- Grab the handle of the machine, stretch your legs fully and keep your torso flat.
- While keeping your upper legs on the pad, curl your legs as far as you can go.
- Pause briefly for about a second after curling your legs. Inhale and go back to the starting position.
- Do 10 reps of this workout.
Benefits of Lying Leg Curls
- This exercise reduces your thigh fat efficiently.
- It helps strengthen your legs and reduces injury.
- It keeps you fit and intact generally.
10. Dumbbell Walking Lunges
I made this the last of the best leg workouts at the gym to reduce thigh fat because it’s a little bit hard to pull off. So
paying cool attention at this point is a good idea.
- Start by standing shoulder width apart while holding a dumbbell in both hands.
- Place your right leg forward by bending your knees.
- Now that your hips is lowered, maintain an upright position (move your knee past your toes to avoid injury).
- Put all your weight on your front heel and ascend from the lunge.
- Switch sides and repeat, do 3 sets with 10 reps each.