There are actually many ways to get rid of saddlebags and cellulite of which few have been proven effective. Among
the few effective ones, we happen to have exercised. First, I will introduce what cellulite and saddlebags are like and
then we move into the best exercises to get rid of them.
According to a study carried out by Neutrogena, more than 70% of women have cellulite and saddlebags.
Saddlebag is a loose fatty flesh that appears on a person’s upper thighs or butts. Cellulite is more or less the same,
that’s why they are both being treated together here. Cellulite and saddlebags are not pretty and they won’t leave
without a fight against them. The first step I want you to take if you are trying to get rid of cellulite is that you should
reduce your overall body fat with a healthy low sugar diet or low carb diet. With this in place, I think we are safe to
dive into how the best exercise to get rid of cellulite and saddlebags.
Best exercises to get rid of cellulite and saddlebags at home
- Leg circles kneeling
- Butterfly bridges
- Side half plank leg lifts
- Glute squeezes
- Fire hydrants
- Plie squat
- Mountain climber
- Side leg lift with resistance band
Let’s move on with instructions.
This is the coolest workout of all the mentioned ones, that’s why I am making it the first.
- Lie down on one side of your body, let’s pick right first. Then bend your legs.
- Place your knees on top of each other.
- Flex your feet as you lift your heels off the floor.
- Now, lift the bottom shin off the ground.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift the top knee toward the roof. Make sure your heels are glued together before lifting the knee.
- Maintain resistance in your legs by making sure your hips aligned.
- Do 20 reps on this side and change sides.
Benefits of Clamshell
- Clamshell works both your upper leg and lower leg.
- It gets rid of cellulite and saddlebags.
- It is also a lower back strengthening exercise.
2. Leg Circles Kneeling
This is a tolerance exercise for cellulite and saddlebags. Endure this workout well and enjoy the benefits.
- Begin by kneeling on the ground.
- Continue by leaning over to the left side by placing your left hand on the ground and straightening your right leg.
- Let your body weight be centered over the supporting knee.
- Lift your right leg up to your hip height and make sure you do not arch your back.
- Pull your abs in and circle your right leg 10 times in a clockwise and the counter-clockwise movement.
- Bring the leg back to its starting position and switch sides and legs.
- Do 2 reps of this workout on each leg.
Benefits of Leg Circles kneeling
- It tones your glutes, quads, and thighs.
- Also, It keeps you fit and intact.
- It helps to also prevent cardiovascular diseases.
3. Butterfly Bridges:
- Lie on your back with your legs bent on the ground.
- Let your knees fall to the sides such that the edges of your feet are touching the floor.
- Maintain a navel to spine engagement by lifting your lower back off the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes and press your hips towards the sky.
- Slowly lower yourself back to the ground.
- Do 20 reps of this workout.
Benefits of Butterfly Bridges
- This workout builds you other muscles especially core muscles.
- The moves involved in this workout make your hips flexible.
- This move builds your muscle resistance.
You can also read
4. Side Half Plank Leg Lifts:
- Start by getting into a plank position on one forearm with your top leg straight and bottom knee bent.
- Place your other hand behind your head or on your hip.
- Keep your top flexed in parallel as you lift it up.
- Lift the leg up and down 10 times.
- Switch sides and do the same.
- Do 3 sets of this workout daily.
Benefits of Side Half Plank Leg Lifts
- This removes cellulite and saddlebags from your butt.
- It also tones your thighs.
- Keeps your stamina level up.
5. Supine Leg Curl
This writes up wouldn’t be complete without including this wonderful workout to get rid of cellulite and saddlebags.
The cool aspect about this one is that it hits all the muscles in the leg all at once thereby making it very effective.
- Before you begin this workout, ensure you place something slippery under your feet like a towel or socks.
- Lie flat on the floor with your face up the ceiling.
- Pull the towel backward under your body with both legs.
- Do 3 sets with 20 reps each in a day.
Benefits of Supine Leg Curl
- Supine leg curls may seem tough but absolutely very effective.
- This leg workout also builds other muscles.
Starting the day off with squats will keep your thigh muscles strong; squat engages the large muscles in your thigh
allowing you to burn a lot of fat surrounding it. Getting rid of your inner leg fat can be boosted by adding squats to
your daily routine.
- Stand with your legs wide apart slightly
- Inhale such that your belly is pushed towards your spine
- Shift your weight on your feet and bend your hips
- When your hips are bent, your ankles and knees will also bend, keep your hips more bent and engage your abs
- Do up to 20 reps daily.
Benefits of Squats
- Squats tones all the fats in your legs and makes your legs appear sexy.
- It’s an everyday workout for strength and stamina.
7. Fire Hydrants
The main muscles put to work during this wonderful workout are your glutes and your abductors. Also, you can use
this exercise as a warm-up for a very tedious action.
- Assume a tabletop position (meaning get on your knees with your palm flat on the floor.
- Raise your right leg to the side and keep your left knee at 90 degrees.
- Lower it back and do for the left leg to complete a rep.
- Do 10 reps of this leg workout.
Benefits of Fire Hydrant
- This leg workout is wonderful, quite easy and can be done anytime.
- It keeps your core in good balance.
- It decreases the risk of injuries.
8. Plie Squat
We can’t discuss cellulite and saddlebags workout without mentioning plie squats. It’s easy and effective.
- Stand with your legs wide and toes pointing out to the sides; right toe to the right wall and left toe to the left wall.
- Maintain the same technique and posture as you go into a squat position.
- When you are pushing back to standing position, squeeze your inner thighs. Also, tuck your butt inwards.
- Do 20 reps of plie squat.
Benefits of Plie Squats
- This workout improves your harmonization.
- It gets you ready for the day.
- It removes fat from your legs.
9. Mountain Climber
Mountain climber is a combination move. Pay attention to the instructions carefully to enjoy its benefits.
- Stand in a starting position. Place your hands and on the floor and stretch out your legs.
- Kick your left leg up close to your left leg, pull your left leg back and repeat for your right leg.
- Next, swing your left knee out to the side and tuck in on the outside of your shoulders.
- Repeat the move also on your right knee to your right shoulder to complete a rep of this exercise.
- Do 5 reps of mountain climber.
Benefits of Mountain Climber
- This exercise enables flexibility.
- It tones your thigh and butt muscles.
- It stretches your muscles.
10. Side Leg Lifts With Resistance Band
This is a workout that can be done at home. All it requires is you and your resistance band.
- Start by grabbing a resistance band and lay down by your left side with your legs straight up.
- Wrap the band around your ankles. Remember you are lying on your left.
- Use your left arm as a kickstand by stretching it above your head while holding your upper body.
- Raise your right leg as high as you can while keeping your knee straight. Return your leg to the starting position. Leg your right leg many times as you can in 45 seconds.
- Switch to your right side and repeat.
Benefits of Side Leg Lift with Resistance Band
- This exercise will strengthen your legs.
- It also tones your thighs and glutes.
- It builds resistance in your legs.